Currently I am thinking what kinds of technologies stacks a professional DevOps engineer should own? In other words, what kind of tech statcks can empower DevOps engineer to handle their infrastructures/development issue?
Let’s see a famous picture, http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris11/overview/whats-new/engineered-for-oracle-518998.html
1. Application issue – administration, applications build/release, etc.
2. Middleware – administration, deployment, etc.
3. Database – administration, internal tools, etc.
4. OS – MSWins, Linux, Unix, etc.
5. Virtualization – Templatizes.
Currently my technologies stacks:
1. Oracle OCA/OCP certificates – Database
2. WebLogic Administration Certificate – Middleware
3. SCJP certified – Sun Certified Java Programmer – Language
4. SCWCD certified – Sun Certified Web Component Developer – Web
5. EBS AppsDBA Certified – Apps Administration
6. LabManager, VirtualBox experiences
This stacks ensure that I can handle my daily routine/urgent issues very timely and precisely. I think I can enhance myself in AWS, cloud services, etc.
Process of killing an exam in general:
1. Get oral approval from your immediate manager. (You need to convince s/he that your exam will benefit your daily work).
2. Prepare the exam.
3. Try to apply voucher from http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=156
4. Contact local exam agent to take exam. If you have a voucher, you can have 30% discount.
5. Pass the exam.
6. Get reimbursed with your exam transcript and exam receipt.
How to prepare:
OCA (it is prerequisite of OCP) :
OCP (it is prerequisite of AppsDBA):
SCJP (it is prerequisite of SCWCD):
OCA/OCP Oracle Database 11g All-in-One Exam Guide with CD-ROM: Exams 1Z0-051, 1Z0-052, 1Z0-053 (Oracle Press)
(Going thru EBS 12.1 Administration doc is good enough).